Each student should come up with an app idea (an app that is related to marketing matters in the supply chain or can be used for marketing products would be the best choice). The app can be used in any business, and there is no limit to its application. You do not need to program it or market it now; just the idea would be sufficient to fulfill this assignment’s purpose. The idea should not be necessarily sophisticated or super professional. A simple but interesting idea is also acceptable.
- Explain the idea clearly, and discuss the possible applications and features.
- Explain what you think your app would be original and practical?
- Describe what competitive advantage your app has. (Difference from other competitors)
- Explain what needs your app can satisfy.
- Identify your target market.
- Explain how your app will generate revenue? (e.g., Advertising, Membership,…)
- Describe the technology behind your app (e.g., AI, Blockchain, Pattern Recognition,…)
- If you have any design factors, you can also add them (Optional: such as showing a demo of your app).
Note: if you are very interested in your idea and think it is very attractive to investors, you may also work on it later and participate in one local or international competition.
Each app will be graded based on the 5 items mentioned below. The instructor can rate the app ideas based on the following criteria:
- Originality, Uniqueness, and Innovation (0-6 points): (Important part of this assignment)
- Feasibility, Functionality, and Practicality (0-6)
- Need satisfaction compared to the existing and related apps (0-6)
- Tech use (the type of technology that supports the app) (0-6)
- Monetary perspective (How to make money out of the app?) (0-6)
- Page limit: The report should be at least three pages.
- The font should be Times New Roman 12pt and double-spaced.
- Deadline: June 30th, 11:59 pm.
For students who want to develop apps for their business:
There are some companies that provide low-code application development platforms. They also have a student app contest every year. They offer a startup program for students to build, launch, and make their apps. One example is Mendix. Or 12skiestech (Links to an external site.) which helps companies develop their custom apps.